10.19.2007

MEA=Plenty time to read!

I hope everyone is enjoying MEA break. I have to admit, I didn't go to the convention in St. Paul, but I have been reading.

1. Like all the other Michael L. Printz award winners (Looking for Alaska, A Northern Light, Airborn, American Born Chinese), the book Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy is a winner. The writing is brillant, the main characters are lovely and human and comlicated, and the plot teaches pwerful lessons. The book stands for everything the Michael L. Printz award represents. Get out there and check it out! Me, I'll probably finish it later today and be sad, sad, sad that it is over...

2. The Twilight series has everyone talking, doesn't it? Maybe we should invite Stephanie meyer rather than John Green to come to our class?

3. I love that you all have reading goals. In class next week, you are going to have to re-assess your goal one week later. So make sure you start this weekend!

4. There's so much else to say; I feel like I should scroll through and respond to the questions and comments that have been posted, but I would rather be reading! If anyone of you have a reading concern, please approach me in class. I will be your Reading Guide, your Reading Friend, and your Reading Partner in Crime!

Take care, all.
Stenson

11 comments:

wow said...

Ms.Stenson, you have gotten into my head this MEA weekend. So far i am doing very well reading. I have finished that wonderfukl book a brief chapter in my impossible life and i am on page 90 in the book Flower for Algernon. For some people this is not much of a record setting act...but to me this is more than enough. BUt i promise you I will not stop here. I have a feeling i am going to like reading!!


Tyler M.

Liz said...

Hey Ms. Stenson!
I got some reading done this weekend, but I must say that most of it was wasted on the "A-List". I'm re-reading it, and those books are addictive. "Twilight" is coming along fine! I'm liking it a lot!
See ya Monday!

Stay Fabulous!
<3
Liz

Hannah Crook said...

MS STENSON!!!!That is a brillent idea! Having Stephenie Meyer come in. I LOVE IT! I reread Twilight yesterday. I haven't gotten to read very much this break, I only finished a few books, but they were good ones! As I said I re-read twilight yesterday. And I read Rob&sara.com-exellent book I might add. I am also so close the finshing A Northern Light.

Burky said...

Hannah, I Love that you say I didn't have much time to read, I finished a FEW books and I reread one. Yes you had no time to read!

Liz said...

I loved "Rob and Sara.com".
It was very "You've Got Mail", but then not at the same time!
Loved it!

Stay Fabulous!
<3
Liz

Hannah Crook said...

ya Lizzie, I liked how it was two authors writing to eachother, I think they said it was a true story...:) I am hoping to finsh airborn soon. I started it last night but only able to get 100 pages into it...It's really great so far. By the way, I totally recommend a Northern Light! Great book!!! Conor can you get me A-List when you are able?? Thanx. I am hoping to get Copper Sun at the Library, Sharon Draper is a fabulous author- I read forged by fire. TRC(teen readers club) is starting next week, ask ms king if you are interested. It was so fun last year! We read a TON of great books. Plus we go to a feild trip to Wild Rumpus, then Sabastion Joes. I think I wrote a lot, oh well! ~HANNAH

Hannah Crook said...

Sorry to post again but I found this really great reading website. Its were people can create an account and share their fav books, you can also see what other peoples books they posted too. it's at www.goodreads.com its prett cool. On that website I found a few people's comments on the outsiders. A ton of people said it was their favorite book, I can't wait to read it! ~HANNAH C.

Saraaaaa G-irl said...

Hey lizzie, how's twilight coming? keep trying it ok? it takes a while for the really good stuff to happen, be patient!! you'll get your damsel in distress soon enough!:)

Saraaaaa G-irl said...

Hey hannah, wat was A Northern Light about?

Saraaaaa G-irl said...

by the way, the one above is sara g aka cocoa-i changed my name thingy

Hannah Crook said...

Hey Sara, a northern light was an amazing book! Its about this girl in the 1800 I think it was. This just tells her story. She has to make a ton of choices and it kept me reading! It's cool to hear about what life was like back then for girls are age, I think you would like it. I finished Airborn! It was a great book, but I was sad at the end. I think I am sad at the end of all books...:) Hey Ms Stenson, I kind of read ahead in The Outsiders...heehee...really far ahead...It was too good! Don't be mad, I was so hooked! I am going to reread it, and stay with the class. I feel like I commited a crime finishing that book...I LOVED IT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! It was so amazing! your ashamed outsiders reading friend~Hannah