7.03.2007

Happy July 4!

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank Abby and Elizabeth for showing up on my blog recently. If you haven't seen their recommendations, click on the "Things I'm Wondering About..." blog and see their comments. It makes me very happy to see kids leaving "fingerprints" on this blog. Please, please, please continue to share your thoughts and tell me what you are reading.

Right now, I'm re-reading Because of Winn-Dixie. It's a simple story, and a sweet one. The narrator is a young girl, the hero is a dog, and there are many other memorable characters. Have you read it? Please do. You can find a lot of information about it on amazon.com or bn.com.

Ms. Willems is teaching summer school with me this summer. She mentioned the other day that the book Lightening Thief is one not to miss. I haven't read it yet, but I know a few of my 8th graders did this past year, and more and more people are talking about it.

That's all for now. You have a few recommendations for some summer holiday reading! Get out there and READ! And then come back and tell us about it!

Take care and keep reading-
Stenson

4 comments:

Jimlaine^-^ said...

I finished reading the second book of unseen, rest in peace.
Lucy blames her self for the death of her friend, and disappearance of her cousin. Now the power passed on her is stronger. She can see visions she can't explain.

Happy 4th of July.
Filipino-American friendship day^^

ABBY said...

Right now, I'm between books and have a few that I want to read: The Tale of Desperaux, The Book Theif, The Harry Potter books, and The Princess Diaries series. Miss Stenson & others - Have you read these books? Which one(s) do you think are best for me. Reply soon! Happy Forth!

Anonymous said...

Stenson i haven't found any good books lately that cought my eye? any other ideas for me? happy 4th!!

Jimlaine^-^ said...

I finished reading Dreadful Sorry by Kathryn Reiss.
It's about this girl named Molly.
She has a phobia for water. She also have been having nightmares about this girl named Clementine. After she almost drowned in a pool party she decided to go to her father's safety. But when she was there it's even worse. She's been having nightmares and visions about Clementine, who used to live at that house nearly a century before.