7.05.2007

To Reply to the Three Readers...

Hello my little readers! It's so nice to hear from you, and of course, I have ideas.

1. Jimlaine, who is the author of the series you are reading?

2. Abby, I am excited for you to read all of them. The Book Thief is a commitment, it's long and not easy reading, if you ask me. But worth the trouble because the story is touching. Tale of Desperaux is much different...easy, quick, sweet. They are two very different books. And, the Princess Diary Series is great summer reading. You can't go wrong, and it just depends what you are in the mood for. Let me know what you decide.

3. Aubs! Good to hear from you. Knowing you, I think you might like a book I just finished called Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings. It's suspenseful and realistic, and the three boys who are the main characters are memorable. You'd like it. A lot of my students would. I also think you'd like the book Jennifer Smith recommended in the first posting, A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life, by Dana Reinhardt. You can go back to the first posting on this blog, from May to see what Jenn S. and others said about it.

A big smile pops up on my face when I hear from my former students, such a good group of readers. Keep me posted on what you are reading, share your books, and your thoughts, and most importantly...Keep Reading!


Take care all!
Stenson

p.s. I'm teaching summer school and I would love to have some of my former superstar readers pop in and tell my students about some of the good books they've read. They are kids one year below you, the kids who are going to be 8th graders. So you could share a good book from last year or any good book. Let me know if you are interested, and we can set something up!

13 comments:

Jimlaine^-^ said...

Richie Tankersley Cusick

abby said...

Miss Stenson - Thanks for the feedback! I've decided to read the Princess Diaries first. I also have the Tale of Desperaux requested at the library. I'm excited to get reading and will be sure to blog about these books.

Beth A. said...

I just finished another book called Burned by Ellen Hopkink. It looks big but is a quick read with the short pages. It was the saddest, most enlightening, and most empowering book i think i've ever read. It would be a great book for any girl (mabey some boys). My sister sugested it and i was glad. It's about a girl nambed Pattyn Von Stratten ,a simple mormon girl that is a quiet "nobody" as a junior in high school. She start dating this one popular guy that she met while target practice in the desert. He gets her into trouble .She is suspended from school and is sent to for a summer to live with her aunt she dosnt really know. The summer changes her , her life, and her relationships with alot of people. Plus she meets some new people. I wished i could tell more but you would have to read it and see how it ends. But it is a surprising ending and i would like to talk to someone (besides my sister) about what they think of it. I loved it, I still have question about the end but i hope if you read it you'll enjoy it as much as i did.

Beth A. said...

Oh, and i would love to talk to kids at summer school i have a couple books in mind already, and i know some people i could find some good books from. But it all depends on my schedule and if i could get up there.

Stenson said...

Beth! You just let me know what day and time (from 8-11 am) works for you. I will make it work. That would be cool. Bring a friend if you want!

Stenson

Brody H said...

Hey Miss Stenson-
I have just finished a book called "Vampire Beach" its about a boy who moves to Malibu and discovers a secret about the popular kids that is very dark and deep. I would recommend this book to anyone, but i think that the people that have read "Twilight" & "New Moon" would like it alot I know that did.

ABBY said...

I finished reading The Princess Diaries last week. I liked it a lot. It was a light, easy read, but a great story. Anyone that wants to read these books should probably start with the second book if you've already seen the movie. After I finished that, I decided to pick up another book I had laying around the house that I hadn't read yet: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I know many people have read and enjoyed these books. I'm not very far into it, but I like it a lot so far.

brody h said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

okay well thank you.. i will check them out..sorry i have been out of town for basketball for the past month.but on the road i was reading this good book called the homecoming.

nathan87 said...

i am happy i get to blog why i think reading is important because it helps u learn new words and it is sometin to do in your spare time i did not read this summer that much unless it was to my nieces and nephews also my litttle sisters. But i like the harry potter series i am on the 7 book it is really good!

nathan87 said...

hi evrybody

nathan87 said...

a book i recomend is the "son of the mob" it is really good

lauren said...

i was thinking about reading the princess diaries and i was wonder if it is a quick easy book?

Lauren*