7.16.2007

My Trip to the Penn Lake Library.

Some man once said, "A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life." I wish I could remember his name because he sounds like a really smart guy.

Anyway, I dug through old papers to find this quote because I was reminded of it when I took the Summer Blast students to the Penn Lake library last week. WHAT A GREAT PLACE! The librarians there, especially Anne Johnson, were helpful, welcoming, and super knowledgeable about what kids like as far as books, magazines, and even movies, comic books, dvds. Fun stuff everywhere. A bunch of the kids had a little time for the internet stations even. Very cool stuff.

I just want all my 8th grade readers to know they have a JEWEL of a library over at Penn Lake. I haven't been to Oxboro yet, but I bet it is similar. Get there! Go soon! Enjoy! Dive in. Go wild (which happens to be the summer theme at the Hennepin County libraries).

Anyway, I noticed a bunch of you are reading like crazy. I'm unfamiliar with the books you are reading, but I'm so psyched that you are reading them.

Abby, I know the PD books are fun to read, but I haven't read them. Good for you for sitting back and just getting a kick out of a few fun stories.

Brody, I love the recommendation for kids who enjoyed Twilight. I never know where to take kids after they've just read that one. It's good to have another good vampire book. Love it.

Lastly, I gotta pass along my new favorite way to "read". At the Penn Lake library, I checked out four audio books (books on cd). I put them on my iPod (is that legal?) and listened to them while walking Pucky, working out, sitting in the sun out back, etc. Loved it! Just an idea.

I love logging on and seeing new posts. Thanks for staying in touch, give yourselves a round of applause for all the reading you are doing. A life full of books and stories is a rich life to live. Keep it up and keep me posted.

Until next time,
Stenson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Stenson,

I read your bio - I love that two of your fav. movies are Pete's Dragon and Rocky IV.

I love that you have kids reading.

Renaldo

Beth A. said...

hey i have yet another book i finished it's the 8th book to The Clique series i cant tell you anything because then it would spoil the 7 other books for people who havent read them. But it is a good and addicting series and i know it's kinda out of my age group now, i just can't stop reading them and not know what happens. I've started another series called summer boys and so far the book is kinda sad.

Azjha Jasper-Miller! said...

Hey Stenson! I'm still reading the same book and it is extremly good! now it is starting to get more intelectual! And if you forgot its "Define Normal". Well thats all for now! (: see you in class!