5.31.2007

Building Momentum

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to those who are logging on, reading the posts, and even posting! I love it. This is going to be so much fun to hear about what you are reading all summer and maybe even next year?!?!

The books that have been mentioned--Harry Potter, Go Ask Alice, Pride and Prejudice, Twilight--and so many other good books really inspire me to either read them or re-read them. I remember Ms. Sbrocco's mother once said, "I just wish authors would just stop writing so I could get caught up." Kinda funny, but it makes sense. Sooooo many good books and not enough time in my day.

I like that there are some new titles I don't recognize either. I am going to come back to these posts to read the books and tell next year's student about them.

This is awesome, everyone! Thanks for posting, and KEEP READING and KEEP LOGGING ON TO TELL US ABOUT IT! I'm having so much fun with this.

Thanks for making it possible,
Stenson

7 comments:

kelly m. said...

I am almost done with the first book of "Sister Hood Of The Traveling Pants" and I'm planing on reading the other 2 as well. I've enjoyed reading so much that i got a library card. I think that if people want a fun and interesting book about teenage girls friendships....this would be the book.

Stenson said...

Hi Kelly!

I was just looking at that book and thinking that next year in my classroom I'm going to do a bulletin board with the quotes from the beginning of the chapters of those books. I think you should come in to OGMS at the end of the summer and help me put it up.

That series is a great series. I'm happy you are getting into them.

Have fun with those girls...the characters in the book are easy to like. I haven't read the last one (the 4th one is the last one, right?), but I'd like to read it this summer.

Thanks for posting,
Stenson

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I know its not a good idea to watch a movie before you read a book. But I watched the movie and I think that it does a good job at wanting you to read the book. After I watched the movie, I read the book and I liked it.

Stenson said...

Anna-

I agree with you. Sometimes, that is. Watching a movie first can help you understand better or it can get you interested in the story. I did this with Pursuit of Happyness. If it wasn't for the movie, I wouldn't have even known about the story/book.

Good point, Anna.

Stenson

Julia said...

hey All!!
I am now reading Getting Near to Baby (im not sure of the auhtor but ill check and then post again...im sure you can also find it at a local library too). WARNING:THIS IS A VERY SAD BOOK, although, if you are not afraid to cry or if you like heart-wrenching book, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!! I dont want to tell you much about the book because it will give it away, so find out by reading the book, I know you will be pleased!
-Juila

Julia said...

I think that you should always read the book first before you see the movie, why i think this is because the movie might ruin it for you. im not sure, but thats just my opinion.

Julia said...

Stenson--
I am begining to read Twighlight right now. it is GREAT SO FAR have you read it???
-Julia