12.04.2007

Good books and Cool Quotes

Fearless Blogging 8LA Readers, how are you?

On Thanksgiving, I read a book cover to cover. It was filled with memorable quotes and lines. If I included them all in this post, the post would just roll on and on like the Mississippi, so let me pick just one to share...somewhere in the first part of the book, the author writes:

The truth kept insisting itself to me.


What a glorious way to put it, to give "truth" the action of being so bold and obvious that it MUST be acknowledged. This a concept much different than Ponyboy's "I lie to myself all the time", but I know both feelings well.

So, anyway, I started a new blog for "well-said words". If you stumble across a phrase, sentence, passage that really moves you, than post it.

The link to this separate blog is at the bottom of the page with my profile on it. Look to the left, click on "view my complete profile" and scroll to the bottom. It's titled "Stay Gold" (yep, that oh-so-memorable quote from The Outsiders).

Hope to see you there. Hope to grow quite a collection of quotes. Hope you are all safe and warm in this winter wonderland-


Stenson

16 comments:

Burky said...

Hey,
So Riley, have you read A Wrinkle In Time? I Loved that book! There are 5 in the series, I read to about number 3, I want to finish those to! But yes, super good! Check it out!

riley said...

Thanks i will try to find at the library.

Hannah Crook said...

a wrinkle in time eh? hmm.

Burky said...

have you read it yet Hannah?

Hannah Crook said...

nope never read it. You have to read looking for alaska coner!

Burky said...

Really?
Oh my Hannah read them!! They are soo good! She died a few months ago, it was really sad!!!!
but they are so good!!!!

I will! And I want to read Wednesday Wars!!
So many books to read!!

Hannah Crook said...

ya, i will, im kinda out of abook right now, so i will check'em out

Burky said...

Good Good! I Love them!!!

Hannah Crook said...

i just started skybreaker last night. its the sequel to airborne. its really good so far!!!! ill check out those books though! ~Hannah

Burky said...

lol
$5 says you'll be done by Sunday!!!!
I wanted to read Airborne, I never got there though!!!

Hannah Crook said...

it's really good...I didn't really want to read it at first, i mean the cover looked really weird, but so many people said it was good and it was! It's try to get A wRinkle in Time, is it in the school libraRy? hmm ill check it out. Those books ms Stenson told us about in LA sounded cool. It was Slam and what was the other one? I don't reamember, but that one sounded really Funny!~HAnnah

riley said...

Hey ms stenson what was that other book you were talking about in class that you said reminder you of the movie little miss sunshine

Burky said...

I know! I want to read Slam so bad!!! I don't remember the other one either, Ha! I just thought about it, I know what the cover looks like, but I don't know the title...

Hannah Crook said...

ya the piano one sounds super funny! Hey I finished skybreaker yesterday! It was so good! You aLL Have to read that series. I'm thinking about reading Gone With the Wind because Lizzie is always saying how good it is...:) Hannah

Burky said...

I saw Lizzie reading that! I was like, I should check that out! So I want to read it to!!

Burky said...

So Stenson, I just picked up a copy of The Book Thief!! So I'm going to start that really soon!!