2.07.2008

Oops.

Wow! It's been close to a month since I've posted a new question. I'm sorry to neglect the Reading Blog! I'm back.

The reason I haven't been blogging has a lot to do with Oct. 18, 2008. The day I get to marry the Tall Guy! Admittedly, I've been distracted...but it's been a fun few weeks celebrating our wedding plans.
Anyway, with love on my mind and Valentine's Day around the corner, what do you say we blog about love and books?!?!


Love shows up in books in all sorts of ways. I think To Kill a Mockingbird is a a story about a love affair. Farewell to Arms is one of the most romantic books I've read. When in the mood to read about love and all its glorious power, I often turn to poetry. One of the best "love stories" I've ever read is Maddy and Me-- a story of a man, his family, and their very naughty puppy. In the past year, I've read The Abundance of Katherines--a funny, wonderful story of friendship and love. The Book Thief, a mighty book about heart-break, changed my life and my heart.

It's hard to pinpoint the best love story ever told. Love is hard to pin down, but what is the best love story you've ever read? Or what love story are you excited to read? Tell me your thoughts and ideas.

For the love of reading, and for love alone-
Stenson

5 comments:

Student from 8LA said...

Stenson,
Twlight is full of love and excitment. Bella and edward fall in love but Edward is a vampire. Bella wants to be a vampire but Edward dosen't want her to because he thinks it will ruin thie relationship, love, and friendship.

Student from 8LA said...

CONGRADULATIONS STENSON! That is great about you and the tall guy! Well i just finnished 3 really great love books for teens. One being Love On The Lifts by Rachel Hawthorne. It is all about when 3 girls go on winter v-k and have some hot visters. Another one by Rachel Hawthorne is Thrill Ride when the main character goes away for the sumemr leaving her boyfriend to work in a gingerbread house? You wonder if love will provale or will her co-worker win her heart. The last book is Caribbean Cruise aso by Rachel hawthorne (i really like the way she writtes!) It is all about then Lindsay's mom gets marrided on a Cruise. She meets the bestman who is a little older then she is and starts to like him the moment they meet but when she finds out that he is her babysitter, she don't LOVE her step dad for thinking that she is to young to be alone be soon warms up to the idea.
LOVE,
Hailey Beyrand

Student from 8LA said...

Hey Stenson,
=] I'm so happy for you and The Tall Guy! Best wishes!

So I just finished The Book Theif. If you know what it is about, you wouldn't think love would have anything to do with it, but it has almost everything to do with love. I don't want to give anything away, so I don't want to go into to much detail, but I will say this, the love the characters have for eachother, effects the plot in many ways. I love how in The Book Theif, it shows different kind of love. Romantic love, family love, the love of friends. It's an amazing tale, and I think everyone should read it. It is a bit of a hard read, but after you get into it, you can't put it down!
XOXO,
Conor

wow said...

Karli and i are very happy for you and tall guy.:)
An abundance of Katherines is a very good book and is so funny i find myself reading the hilarious parts 20 times over and i still laugh as much as i did the very first time i laid my eyes on it. The daddy part is very funny. You will know what i mean. I was wondering if you got the Mr.Blue Sky song yet and if you didn't i can burn you a copy. O well just reading a lot this weekend and you can not read without having your L.A. teacher come to mind. See you monday.
Tyler M.

Hannah Crook said...

The Abundance of Katherines(very Funny) and The book Thief are ah-mazing!!! I agree Twilight has TONS of romance in it, but still lots of other stuff. I know some people don't want to read Twilight because they think there's too much romance in it.....anyway...Congrats Ms Stenson!!! MY sister just got married and it was a blast!! By the way I just finished a book called Girl, 15, Charming but insane. It was super funny!! I recommend it!! Lizzie hows The "It" girl??? ♥Hannah