6.10.2012

One year later.

A gift for you...


There are several reasons I haven't been posting about YA lit for the past year....
1.  I took a new job as a dean and that meant less books and more naughty kids.  But is a great gig, so if I can just figure out how to be a dean who reads lots of YA lit, I'm set!
2.  Along came Harold Clayton Kujawski.  Yep, that's right, I had a baby.  He was a tiny little piglet baby at first, but now he's a full-fledged infant with fuzzy hair, a nap schedule, and an exersaucer.   Like my new job, this role as a Hal's mom is a great gig, so if I can just figure out how to be a momma to Hal who also reads lots of YA lit, I'm set!
3.  Another year full of classes.  I am taking my last one at Hamline this summer, and I'll be done.  Whew.  I like learning, and the classes have been relevant to my work, so I don't mind.  I just gotta figure out how to be a student who takes class and reads lots of YA lit.

But here I am, back int he blogging saddle.  I don't have a specific book to tell you about but I have a good list.  It's the list of the Best YA Lit for 2011 from Publishers Weekly.  I stopped reading YA Lit in May 2011, so it's a perfect way for me to get caught up.  I hope you recognize some of the books and find a few others to put on your summer reading lists.  Enjoy!

-stenson

No comments: