2.06.2009

Our DA Challenge

Booktalks! Podcasts! New Genres! It's madness!!!!

So, the DA readers are embarking on a new challenge this week. They are writing booktalks that will eventually be a part of the DA Booktalk Podcast.

Once the booktalks are recorded, we are going to find the perfect audiences. Other middle schools, other classes, other kids, public libraries, anyone interested. We'll us our marketing skills to get the word out there.

The kids were urged to try new genres. Here's just a preview of the books that the DA kids read:

Shape Shifters by Bruce Colville
Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers
Next by Michael Crichton
The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzack
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Persopolis: The Complete Story by Marjane Satrapi
R is for Rocket by Ray Bradbury

Have you read any of these? Will you subscribe to our booktalk podcast? Hope to hear from you, and you can count on hearing from us!

Keep Reading!
-Stenson and the DA 7th graders

9 comments:

Zaa27 said...

I love Bruce Coville! For this project I read Tom Sawyer By Mark Twain. A really good book! You should totally read it! I thought it might be a little boring, but it wasn't, alway a plus :)

Zaa27 said...

I love Bruce Coville! For this project I read Tom Sawyer By Mark Twain. A really good book! You should totally read it! I thought it might be a little boring, but it wasn't, alway a plus :)

Zaa27 said...

I love Bruce Coville! For this project I read Tom Sawyer By Mark Twain. A really good book! You should totally read it! I thought it might be a little boring, but it wasn't, alway a plus :)

Epsilon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Epsilon said...

I read I am The Messenger (not for the booktalk), by the same author as The Book Thief. It is really incredible

-Kyle
AKA E

WowWeird said...

Alexa, why did you post that 4 times?

MobileHolmes said...

I really loved Farenhight 451 (or however you spell it). It was a very good book and made me think. It took me forever to read, though. Even though it is a short book, it felt long. So much happened in such a small number of pages! I would definitely recommend it.
-Janet

Unknown said...

Hmmm,
I've never been a big fan of Coville's books, simply because he always seemed uppity to me. (No offense, Mr. C.) It just seemed like he was cruising off of other people's stories. The stories are OK, he just seemed snooty to me.

MobileHolmes said...

What do you mean about skating off of other people's stories? I haven't read his books, so I would just like to know.
Janet