9.09.2008

Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

What an interesting book! It's received a lot of attention, mostly because people have never seen anything like it!

We've been talking about genres in 7READ, and I don't think any of the genres we've discussed fit this book. It's not a picture book, or a graphic novel. It's not a normal novel either. It's part silent movie and part flip book and part novel. No matter what you call it, you are sure to call it a super book!

Here are a few things to get you more interested and curious about the book! I would love to have a mini-book club with this book. Let me know if you are interested. We'll set a date, order some treats, and invite Hugo to join us!

Check these sites out:

About Hugo Cabret
(on this site, you can see the 22 page illustrated drawing of the opening scene of the book...so cool!)

A video interview with the author (Brian Selznick)

Get on board with this book!
You won't be disappointed.

Keep Reading!
-Stenson

4 comments:

Zaa27 said...

I'd love to read this book and have a book club. It seems very interesting, and I'd love to discuss it with others.
-Alexa

Stenson said...

That would be great, Alexa. Let's see who else is interested!

Maybe a date in about a month. I know it's a long way off, but we need to give time people to get their hands on a copy (there's only two in the media center).

I'll ask Ms. Lange if we can get a few copies!

So exciting!
-Stenson

Hannah Crook said...

STENSON!!!!! I miss having you as a teacher so much!! High school is a lot different than middle school but it's really fun. I read this amazing book called Big mouth and ugly girl, have you read it? it's so good! My brother says he really likes having you as a teacher! BYE!! :D
~Hannah C.

Burky said...

Hey Stenson!!

I miss you!! English this year is so much different! So I'm reading this book called A Great and Terrible Beauty. It's really good! How are the sevies this year? We miss you so much *As Hannah said*
How are things going? If I remember correctly, didn't you have a wedding planned for right around now??
Talk to you soon!
-
Conor B.